To build a foundation for effective primary/secondary education through ICT usage.
- Historical, cultural and educational background
- What does research say about the use of ICT in education?
- Opportunities provided by ICT for teaching and learning
- Limitations of ICT and associated concerns in schools
- Inspiring initiatives and projects
100% online course. The students will follow the course through our virtual learning platform. The instructor will be supporting the students using synchronous (online sessions) and asynchronous (chat, forum, emails, messages) communication tools.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for this course is based on written coursework and an online discussion. Students who will complete successfully the assignments will receive a "Certificate of Successful Completion".
The duration of the course is 6 weeks.
Who should apply?
- People interested in acquiring knowledge on the main uses of technology in primary/secondary education
- Technology coordinators in primary/secondary schools
- Primary/secondary teachers who want to integrate ICT in their teaching practice
- Undergraduate & postgraduate students in education sciences
The minimum requirement for admission to this course is a diploma that is at least equal to school leaving certificate (secondary education).
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Next start date: September 23, 2019