To introduce students to leadership theory and approaches, while providing opportunities for reflecting on how leadership can impact educational improvement and foster positive social change.
- Values & beliefs on leadership
- Leadership theories and approaches
- The role of the leader in an educational institution
- Leadership skills development
- Evaluation of leadership skills
100% online course. The students will follow the course through our virtual learning platform. The instructor will be supporting the students using synchronous (online sessions) and asynchronous (chat, forum, emails, messages) communication tools.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for this course is based on written coursework and an online presentation. Students who will complete successfully the assignments will receive a "Certificate of Successful Completion".
The duration of the course is 6 weeks.
Who should apply?
- Leaders in the field of education (directors, associate directors, principals, etc.)
- Teachers/education practitioners who are interested in acquiring a solid foundation in leadership styles and good practices
- Teachers who aspire leadership positions.
The minimum requirement for admission to this course is a diploma that is at least equal to school leaving certificate (secondary education).
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Next start date: September 23, 2019