To learn to appreciate, adjust to, and work or study in different cultures, with this free online intercultural communication course
- Intercultural communication: Conceptual investigation
- Intercultural misunderstanding
- Variations in personal, social, and cultural identity
- Social perceptions of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination related to intergroup contact
- Case studies
100% online course. The students will follow the course through our virtual learning platform. The instructor will be supporting the students using synchronous (online sessions) and asynchronous (chat, forum, emails, messages) communication tools.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for this course is based on written coursework and an online presentation. Students who will complete successfully the assignments will receive a "Certificate of Successful Completion".
The duration of the course is 6 weeks.
Who should apply?
- People interested in acquiring a solid foundation in intercultural communication
- People who have curiosity about, exposure to or experience with other cultures
- People who work in a multicultural environment
The minimum requirement for admission to this course is a diploma that is at least equal to school leaving certificate (secondary education).
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Next start date: September 23, 2019