To provide understanding of the nature of small groups and how they function with a focus on the workplace.
- Definition of concepts; types of groups; group dynamics as field of study
- Group membership at work: types of membership; reasons for joining; reference groups; group cohesiveness
- Group norms; silent organizational norms; group norm development; social influence; power; deviance; changing group norms
- Group goals: hidden and surface agendas; group productivity; changing group goals
- Group problem decision making
- Group problem solving
100% online course. The students will follow the course through our virtual learning platform. The instructor will be supporting the students using synchronous (online sessions) and asynchronous (chat, forum, emails, messages) communication tools.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for this course is based on written coursework and an online presentation. Students who will complete successfully the assignments will receive a "Certificate of Successful Completion".
The duration of the course is 6 weeks.
Who should apply?
- People interested in acquiring a solid foundation in group dynamics at workplace
- People who manage teams in their work
- People who aim to gain leverage to climb the career ladder
The minimum requirement for admission to this course is a diploma that is at least equal to school leaving certificate (secondary education).
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Next start date: June 21, 2021