To provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills regarding the educational strategies, tools and particular features of online education.
- Open and Online Education - Philosophy and Basic Principles
- Online learning and its most important tools
- The role of the instructor in Online Education
- The role of the student in Online Education
- Communication and interaction in Online Education
- Some myths about Online Education
100% online course. The students will follow the course through our virtual learning platform. The instructor will be supporting the students using synchronous (online sessions) and asynchronous (chat, forum, emails, messages) communication tools.
We adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for this course is based on written coursework and an online discussion. Students who will complete successfully the assignments will receive a "Certificate of Successful Completion".
The duration of the course is 6 weeks.
Who should apply?
- People interested in acquiring a solid foundation in teaching and learning in digital environments
- Teachers who desire/currently teach online
- Students who study/will study in an online program
The minimum requirement for admission to this course is a diploma that is at least equal to school leaving certificate (secondary education).
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Next start date: June 21, 2021