EUROPEAN PROJECT MANAGER
Job Type: 0.8 FTE
Location: Netherlands (flexible remote working with some obligatory meetings in Amsterdam)
Duration: 12 months (successful performance will lead to contract extension)
Salary: Gross salary between 2300 and 2500 €/month
Starting date: February 2022
SkillsUp was established aiming to offer easy access to education opportunities to a wide number of people who are not able to attend a face-to-face program/courses, due to geographical, health, professional, family or other constraints. In this way, the company responds to the current and growing needs of our society for learning, through alternative education programs and promotes equal opportunity in education. Different from most other online learning platforms, SkillsUp courses include synchronous communication and interaction with high qualified instructors, who support their students throughout their learning journey. Our programs adopt an assignment-based approach to assessment instead of exams. Assessment for the courses is based on written coursework, which receives timely and personalized feedback by the instructors. SkillsUp is committed to providing top quality services, which help people improve both personally and professionally. To maintain this level of excellence in our activity, SkillsUp staff is participating in several research and innovation projects in the fields of education sciences, sustainability, learning and teaching, professional training and instructional technology.
The European project manager will work closely with the Chief Learning Officer and other project partners. He/she will have the following tasks:
- Functional support to Chief Learning Officer in the implementation of existing Erasmus+ projects.
- Monitoring the progress realized compared to the objectives of the planned tasks: managing deadlines, milestones, deliverables.
- Budget management.
- Functional support in preparing the scientific and financial report to be submitted to the European Commission.
- Developing, following and contributing to the implementation of the communication plan (regular update of the website and the project platforms, press release writing, updating the social media, etc.).
- Planning and organizing the project events: project follow-up, and any other meeting linked to the project: managing/supervising logistic aspects, working closely with the partners, preparation of meeting, and agenda sending.
- Updating the information on the European Commission’s platform.
- Identifying relevant new project opportunities to be exploited, in collaboration with the Chief Learning Officer.
- Preparing proposals for the Erasmus+ call for 2022
- Supporting the Chief Learning Officer on the preparation of HORIZON proposals.
- Identifying National (Dutch) and International organizations, which could be part of the above-mentioned proposals.
- Required education level: Master degree (with a preference in Education Sciences or Business Administrations)
- Required languages: excellent command of Dutch and English. Working knowledge of another EU language is a plus.
- Required experience: at least 3 years in European project management (contract, budget, human resources, mobility logistic) and/or in support of technological innovation.
- Required knowledge:
- Knowledge of the rules and conditions related to the EU funding programs, and particularly of the Erasmus+ Key Action 2.
- Knowledge of the Dutch education and research system.
- Experience in communication on social media in a professional and scientific framework.
- Office software: Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Knowledge of web design would be a plus.
- Required skills:
- Excellent analysis and organization skills.
- Ability to manage time and produce results on time, according to strict standards.
- Excellent writing abilities in English (reporting, communication support)
- Ability to work in a team, capacity to work autonomously, initiative spirit.
- Excellent relational skills, to work efficiently with different actors within an intersectoral and multicultural environment.
- Availability to travel (when COVID-19 regulations allow traveling) within the European Union. It is foreseen to participate in 3-6 travels per year. Each travel may have a duration of 3-7 days. All traveling will follow the governmental guidelines for traveling within Europe.
The position is being offered for a duration of 12 months which corresponds. However, a number of opportunities for extending this contract may be proposed after successful performance and acquisition of new projects during 2022.
Expressions of interest
Please send a detailed CV and a motivation letter (no more than 1 page) to email@example.com before December 21st 2021. Interviews will be held on January 7 and 8. In your CV and motivation, please make sure you explicitly describe your experience in funding acquisition, especially through EU projects.